Skip to main content

Christ Offers

      



        Have you stopped to consider what Christ offers to all who will accept Him? One of the greatest ways we can learn to be grateful is to remember the benefits of being in Christ. Consider God’s ability to provide the essentials we need and even more (cf. John 14:1-4). 

Jesus saves! He does so according to the plan that was established before the foundation of the world, it began to be enacted when Adam and Eve willfully chose to transgress the law of Jehovah. Jesus made the way possible for all to be saved. It is a way that is linked to His plan to be born again (cf. John 3:3-5; Mark 16:15-16). 

Jesus gives us life! We who were dead in sin are now alive in Christ (cf. Eph. 2:5). Jesus is the source of our life. It is written,  “The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly” (John 10:10). He is the only source of that life and we can trust Him (cf. John 14:6). 

Jesus loves us! He loves us deeply. He loves us purely. He loves us more than we can even fully comprehend. How? “Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13).  This is the perfect gift and example of what love us. 

Jesus gives us joy! We are to be happy. Sing happy, pray happy, give happy, serve happy. Happy is the byproduct of being in Christ. True joy is found in Him. Jesus promised the Twelve, “Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be made full” (John 16:24).

        Jesus gives us peace! We need peace so much with the worries of war, AI, and recession. We can have peace in Christ. Jesus also promised His Apostles,  “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be fearful” (John 14:27). 

        Jesus gives us a place prepared for us! That is what He intends for all of us. Jesus said, 

"Let not your heart be troubled: believe in God, believe also in me. “In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  And whither I go, ye know the way.”

John 14:1-4

    Jesus gives us representation before the Father! “My little children, these things write I unto you that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous” (1 John 2:1). We have one advocate, one intermediary in Christ Jesus. “For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus” (1 Tim 2:5). He is a mediator of a new and better covenant (cf. Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12;24). 

Jesus provides this and more. Will you accept all the Lord offers, or will you demand rights that work contrary to you? Love the Lord, and enjoy the gifts He graciously offers to all. 


Grace and Peace, 


R.D. Beavers 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can a Christian Celebrate a Secular Christmas?

         Can a Christian celebrate a secular Christmas? This is a good question and one that deserves an honest answer. This week I read the following, “If you don’t talk about Jesus at Christmas time, you miss Jesus. If you do not sing those scriptural songs focusing on Jesus, you miss Jesus. You might have grown up in a church where “Christmas” was a “Jesus-free” day.” These were some accusations leveled against some brethren by a well-known preacher in our brotherhood. In this article, I wish to set the record straight on how it is rather simple to celebrate a secular Christmas and it not be a “Jesus-free” day. I contend that no day is “Jesus free” for a New Testament Christian.            First, this brother accuses the church “of not knowing what to do with Christmas. They celebrate it in their homes, but avoid it at all costs in church.” I contend that the preachers who preach the whole counsel of God know what to do with Christmas. Preachers must correct false notions, including

A Year Ago Today

          We left Ceredo, WV (where I was preaching at the time) after services Wednesday night, July 27, 2022, on our way to Hot Springs, AR where we intended to spend our 15th year wedding anniversary. My wife is so special to me and she has blessed me with 5 beautiful children. This was going to be a special time for us. We have never really celebrated like this before, nor had we ever gone anywhere for an extended period of time without our children. I was driving through the night that we could drop the kids off with my in-laws (Tim and Robin Kidwell), and then on to enjoy some time with just my wife.           I was so excited as I was driving. Originally I had planned to leave that Thursday and drive us there, but I was too excited to wait. A few days before we decided that I would drive through the night. This was always nice as children slept I could catch up on listening to podcasts and books that I have great interest in. Everyone was sleeping except for me.            I had

Are You Uncomfortable With Sin?

                        Benjamin Franklin was quoted as saying, I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. — I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. To sum up this thought, if we want to get someone out of poverty, we need to make them uncomfortable with it. Think about it. If someone is in relative comfort, being taken care of by everyone else and not doing for themselves, then they will remain in poverty. If on the other hand, they have to rely more on themselves to get out of their situation, they may get the proper motivation to get out of their poverty. People are Comfortabl